The richest man in babylon is the financial masterpiece of acquiring, expanding and grounding riches and wealth. So, all the lessons inside the book concord to building wealth road. Beside, the richest man in babylone seeks to answer the question: If wealthy people have the same starting condition and assets, 24 hours in a day, and work just as hard as others, how do they acquire such incredible wealth?
“If you are born poor its not your mistake, But if you die poor its your mistake.” Bill Gates
Originally a series of separate informational pamphlets distributed by banks and insurance companies, they were bound together and published in book form in 1926 titled the richest man in babylon. However, George Samuel Clason set his series of financial wisdom in the ancient city of Babylon.
Related: Napoleon Hill – Think and Grow Rich (Free Download Also)
In fact, this is what he says about this city: ” Babylon is an outstanding example of man’s ability to achieve great objectives, using whatever means are at his disposal. All of the resources supporting this large city were man-developed. All of its riches were man-made. The outstanding rulers of Babylon live in history because of their wisdom, enterprise and justice.”
Furthermore, the characters in the richest man in babylon book learn simple lessons in financial wisdom through their experiences in business and managing household finance.
The story sprang from the characters Bansir who was a chariot builder and Kobbi who was a musician. The two had become the best at their craft but yet had no money and were poor. They went out to seek the advice of their childhood friend Arkad who in contrast had grown very rich and amassed fortunes.
The lessons that Arkad provided for his friends was the premise of the the richest man in babylon book and they are lessons of wealth building habits that I profoundly believe every rich person had followed to accumulate their wealth. Lessons in this book will help you become financially stable and wealthy and build a solid financial foundation on our way to becoming the richest person you can become.
George Clason says in the richest man in babylon: “Ahead of you stretches your future like a road leading into the distance. Along that road are ambitions you wish to accomplish… desires you wish to gratify… to bring your ambitions and desires to fulfillment, you must be successful with money.
“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” Napoleon Hill
The author continue to say: “Use the financial principles made clear in the pages which follow in the richest man in babylon. Let them guide you away from the stringencies of a lean purse to that fuller, happier life a full purse makes possible. Like the law of gravity, they are universal and unchanging. May they prove for you, as they have proven to so many others, a sure key to a fat purse, larger bank balances and gratifying financial progress.”
The Richest Man in Babylon , in 3 Sentences:
Save at least 10 percent of everything you earn and do not confuse your necessary expenses with your desires. Beside, work hard to improve your skills and ensure a future income because wealth is the result of a reliable income stream. Moreover, you cannot arrive at the fullest measure of success until you crush the spirit of procrastination within you.
“MONEY IS PLENTIFUL FOR THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE RULES OF ITS ACQUISITION” George Samuel Clason
The 7 Simple Rules of Money:
- Start your purse to fattening
- Control your expenditures
- Make your gold multiply
- Guard your treasures from loss
- Make of your dwelling a profitable investment
- Ensure a future income
- Improve your ability to earn
The 5 Laws of Gold of the Richest Man in Babylon:
- It comes easily and in increasing quantity to the person who saves at least 1/10th of their earnings.
- Gold labors diligently and multiplies for the person who finds it profitable employment.
- It clings to the protection of the person who invests their gold with wise people.
- This precious material slips away from the person who invests it into purposes through which they are not familiar.
- Gold flees the person who tries to force it into impossible earnings.
The Richest Man in Babylon Book Summary:
An Historical Sketch of Babylon
The Man Who Desired Gold
The Richest Man in Babylon
2. Meet the Goddess of Good Luck
3. The Five Laws of Gold
4. The Gold Lender of Babylon
5. The Walls of Babylon
6. The Camel Trader of Babylon
7. The Clay Tablets From Babylon
The Luckiest Man in Babylon
The Richest Man in Babylon 7 Rules of Money Explained:
- Start your purse to fattening: save money.
- Control your expenditures: don’t spend more than you need and live below your means.
- Make your gold multiply: invest wisely.
- Guard your treasures from loss: avoid investments that sound too good to be true.
- Make of your dwelling a profitable investment: own your home.
- Ensure a future income: protect yourself with life insurance.
- Improve your ability to earn: strive to become wiser and more knowledgable.